Loughborough students have always succeeded in sport, and many alumni are now achieving success within the sports industry.To support current students and graduates to work in the industry, the Careers and Employability Centre are hosting TalkSport 2014, a networking event that promotes career pathways in sport and related areas.
The fair will provide a range of opportunities for students, including:
- Meeting face to face with representatives from high profile sports organisations
- Gaining insights into professional areas and possible job roles in sport
- Investigating the requirements of the industry including relevant experience and qualifications
- Exploring opportunities for work shadowing, work experience, paid internships or employment
- The chance to make useful contacts to assist with career planning.
It’s taking place on Thursday down in the exhibition area of the James France Building, between 11am – 3pm. For further details, visit this page.
This afternoon at the Stewart Mason Building the Careers & Employability Centre are running an event offering advice and information to disabled students (including those with long term health conditions, dyslexia and mental health issues) who are looking to go into employment or onto a placement.
There will be an information stand and talks and workshops on subjects such as disclosure, reasonable adjustments in the workplace and Access to Work. Employers including Accenture, KPMG, HSBC, The Teaching Agency and EmployAbility will also be present to give talks. Reach Data Technologies are also hosting a stand and will be running a competition to win some state-of-the-art equipment.
The day will end with a Q&A session and a networking buffet dinner where students will be able to talk informally with employers, alumni and other expert staff.
For the full programme of events and to sign up for the day, visit this link:
As a further inducement, goody bags are available for the first 50 people who register!