We are very proud of our website which we launched in January, but wanted to make sure you all liked it too!
- a user survey undertaken on 19th May 2012 in the Library and the Student’s Union building (we think the lure of free flapjack helped)
- a mystery shopper exercise completed in May 2012 by a selction of volunteers: students, distance learners, alumni and University staff
We also have Google analytics embedded in our webpages to help us analyse the technical side of things (e.g. we found over 2,500 users accessed our webpages from London).
So what did we conclude?
- the overall design and presentation is seen positively
- the content and level of detail is appropriate
- the navigation is effective and the use of headings is positive
- people can find information quickly and easily
People particularly found the work we had done on targeting specific user groups on the homepage and the clearer opening hours were really helpful.
We will continue to monitor the webpages and will tweak them as the year progresses but if you have anything you would like to feedback to us, feel free to contact us – we would love to hear from you.