On the 18th May 2017, some of the Graduate School Team attended a fantastic event held at the Loughborough Students Union, the ‘Loughborough Academic Awards’!
Hosted by Lewis Wood, the Executive Officer for Education 2016-17, the LAAs provided a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the academic work of a vast range of dedicated students and staff from across the University.
We were particularly delighted and proud to see lots of our Doctoral Researchers shortlisted for numerous awards and we would personally like to say a huge well-done to:
- James Brady – shortlisted for ‘Peer Support Volunteer of the Year’
- Julia Sargent – shortlisted for ‘Programme Representative of the Year’ and ‘Student Representation Award’
- Laurence Coles – shortlisted for ‘Student Representation Award’
- Jacky Mueller and Silvia Melgar-Higuero – winners, alongside other London Representatives, for ‘Programme Representative Team of the Year’
The Graduate School were also shortlisted for three awards:
- Extra Mile Award – Duncan Stanley, Katryna Kalawsky and Zoe Chritchlow
- Vice Chancellor’s Loughborough Academic Award of Excellence – Andrew Dainty
- Academic Event of the Year – ‘Influence and Impact Research Conference’ and ‘East Midlands Universities Association Inspiring Futures Conference’
And guess what?!
We won, for the second year running, the ‘Academic Event of the Year’ for our ‘Influence and Impact Research Conference’!!
As read out on the night:
“The winning team for this award put on an event that was attended by over 250 people from a range of disciplines, including students from both the Loughborough and London campuses. With input from LSU, various professional services, and most importantly, a range of PGRs, research staff and academic staff, the winner of the Academic Event of the Year is the 2016 Research Conference”
We were absolutely thrilled and would like to say a big thank you to those that took time out to nominate us. Let’s see if we can make it a hat-trick next year!!
Thanks also to Lewis for a great evening!