I’ve recently come across The Stack Exchange, a free to use question and answer site for academics and those enrolled in higher education: http://academia.stackexchange.com .
You can post a question or look for answers to a question you might have, or post answers to somebody’s question. Some of the topics, for example, include:
– Is there a correlation between being a good teacher and being a good researcher?
– How do I find research groups that do work in field X?
– How do you make corrections to a published paper?
– How to efficiently read mathematically and theoretically dense books in STEM fields?
– Supervisors and authorship
This might be a useful resource – but don’t forget to approach specialists in the University who may be able to provide more relevant or accurate information.