Loughborough Student Life

Category archive: Arts, English and Drama

Graduation & graduating

If I’m completely honest, I’m really struggling to find the right words to start this blog because it doesn’t feel real that I’ve actually graduated! After three years of rehearsals, performances, presentations, tests and essays, it’s all over. I know I said that when I handed in my last assignment, but this is really it! […]

It’s official! My time as a Loughborough student is now OVER!

I handed in my last ever assignment on Monday 4th June and as soon as I clicked on ‘submit’. Suddenly, I felt so nervous, confused, excited and lost! I didn’t know what or how to feel. It was definitely a happy moment to have finished my degree which I have worked so hard for over […]

3 months to go!

On January 9th 2018, I became an uncle to a beautiful baby girl, Heba! She was born during the peak assessment period which meant I wasn’t at home for the first month, but after that, I went to and from Birmingham every weekend just to see her.

Goodbye, blogging! My 4 most memorable Loughborough moments

So here goes, my last blog! For a whole year, I have been (I hope) mildly entertaining with my tips and stories from my first and second year at Loughborough. To honour the crazy year I have had, I thought I would share some of the highlights of my blogging year.

New Year and Student Stress

Happy New Year to you all! To celebrate the new year, a friend from the US came to visit. We first met during my trip to Thailand in June, where we only had a few hours together. Little did we know that we’d be reunited so soon.

New Year Motivations 2018

Happy New Year Everyone! A New Year often means ‘New Year Resolutions’, or in other words a fresh start. In these past few years I have come so far from freshers; learning about film and theatre at Loughborough and on my study abroad at Curtin University, Australia.

A cliché Christmas

We are literally two weeks in to December and I have already been a super Christmas cliché.

2017, it’s been a pleasure!

I think we can all agree that 2017 went by in an absolute blur. I swear that it was only yesterday that we were ringing in the New Year with a lot of champagne and a very bad rendition of Auld Lang Syne!