The Library is currently triailing a database from GSE Research, the Sustainable Organization Library (SOL), which is now the leading dedicated collection on sustainability in the world.
Relevant to a wide range of subject disciplines, including social sciences, politics, environmenal studies and business & economics, the database contains:
- An online collection of approximately 8000 papers drawn from around 600 books and journals in sustainability, CSR, corporate governance, ethics, environmental policy and management
- Case studies, research papers, book chapters, journal articles
- Sourced material from nearly 600 books, special issues and journal issues
- Each item individually tagged and discoverable
- Book and journal content accessible through search or browse
- Ebooks, journals, articles, reports, conference proceedings
SOL also features collections from global leaders in the field of sustainability including:
- Greenleaf Publishing: the leading independent sustainability publisher. Greenleaf publishes in the areas of corporate responsibility, business ethics, environmental policy, business strategy and practice, and sustainable development. SOL includes the majority of Greenleaf publications.
- GSE Research: specialist in publishing, project management and advisory services in governance, sustainability and environment, and partner to Greenleaf Publishing.
- Oxfam International: an international confederation of 17 organizations networked together in more than 90 countries, as part of a global movement for change, to build a future free from the injustice of poverty.
- European Foundation for Management Development: leading accreditation and membership body for business schools and organization learning & development initiatives worldwide
- AMACOM, the publishing division of the American Management association
- Practical Action Publishing: specializing in developing-world issues. SOL draws on the Development Economics collection from Practical Action.
- Peter Lang: long-established publisher of English-, German- and French-language books in the humanities and social sciences. SOL draws on the Peter Lang environment and sustainability list.
- Cambridge Scholars Publishing: broad-based publisher in science, the arts and humanities. SOL draws on the Cambridge Scholars environment and sustainability list.
- Access Press: UK-based specialist publisher of books and journals, including the International Journal of Management Cases, which is included in SOL.
- United Nations Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME): with more than 500 business school signatories worldwide.
- The Academy of Business in Society: more than 120 of the world’s leading companies and business schools.
- Institute of Directors India: serving more than 30,000 directors in corporations in India and worldwide.
To begin searching please go to: http://www.gseresearch.com/sol – access is via IP address.
The trial will end on 29th November 2014. We welcome feedback – good or bad – on this trial, please contact Steve Corn ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with your comments.