A couple of weeks ago we ran a short survey at the Level 3 desk asking students three questions about the Library during exam times. The questions were:
- What is your preferred location to study?
- I agree that people should be asked to leave the silent study area if they are not silent (yes/no)
- I agree that items left on the desks in the Library should be cleared within 30 minutes during the 24/7 period (yes/no)
We had an interesting and enlightening response:
- 70% said they preferred to study in the Library, 21% at home or in Halls.
- 97% said yes, people should be asked to leave the silent study area if they are not silent.
- 58% said yes, left items should be cleared from Library desks within 30 minutes during 24-7.
It’s nice to know we’re still such a popular place to study on campus, and that you support the current policy of asking people to leave the Silent Study area if they persist in making noise, even if you’re maybe lukewarm about items being cleared from desks.
Do you have an opinion about this? Why not drop us a line via one of these methods: