SEO London, in partnership with Creative Access and Channel 4, is delighted to confirm details of two exciting education and networking sessions at CHANNEL 4’s HQ on April 17th and April 29th. The events will be a fantastic opportunity to both meet some of the most senior figures in a wide range of creative industries and also learn more about the 200+ paid internship and graduate roles that will be available through the scheme in 2013-14. If you are interested in attending, or know of people who may be, please read on.
SEO is working to support Creative Access in its ground breaking partnership with leading firms in ALL of the major creative industries. It is a platform to provide students from under-represented ethnic backgrounds with access to paid internships and graduate careers in Film, Advertising, PR, Performing Arts, Publishing, Journalism, Music, TV and Radio. SEO is responsible for the recruitment and training of the people being placed through Creative Access. For more information on SEO London, please click here.
The scheme is being sponsored by the CEOs of all the firms taking part and in 2012-13 has already led to students successfully being placed in internship and graduate positions with industry leaders including
SONY, Harper Collins, Random House, Harlequin, Society of Authors, United Agents, Brunswick, Freud Communications, One Media iP, Quietus Management, NBCUniversal, ITV, SKY, Two Four, Big Talk, Marv Films, and with a range of independent production companies through The Producers Alliance for Cinema and Television (including Endemol, Tiger Aspect, Shed Media, Hat Trick Productions, Zodiak Media, Shine, KEO Films, and All3Media). Please click here to view what students placed in 2012-13 have to say about the scheme. For a full list of Creative Access partner firms, please see below. Many will be represented on the panels for the 17th and 29th.
Interested undergraduates/graduates/recent graduates are invited to attend ONE of the two events. Please follow and register as per the instructions in “Next Steps” as soon as possible as places are limited. You can specify your 1st and 2nd choice of date and we will try our best to meet your requirements, but we request you to be flexible as we expect to receive a lot of interest for these events. We will confirm your attendance and further details in a separate email from SEO.
There is no preparation required – just bring your passion, enthusiasm, and desire to learn.
The scheme is open to all ethnic minorities that are either current undergraduates or have recently graduated. Those who will be completing internships through any of SEO’s other industry programmes this year can also participate.
If you know of others that may be interested in attending or taking part in the scheme that have not previously applied to SEO, please pass this information onto them and ask them to register.
Why attend the event?
The event is designed to:
- Educate you about the wide range of careers available in the creative space. The panel will include leading names in the industries, many of whom are from ethnic minority backgrounds.
- Give you an opportunity to network with both the speakers and senior representatives from the creative industries detailed above.
- Meet with graduates that have been placed at the firms mentioned above, in 2012 – 2013, and gain an understanding of the process and benefits of the programme.
This will be the first of many Creative Access events that SEO will be supporting in 2013. As with all other SEO programmes, by registering your interest in this scheme we will be able to provide you with:
- Access to internship and graduate opportunities with a wide range of firms across the creative industries
- CV editing
- Interview preparation, coaching
Those that are successfully placed on the scheme will not only secure a paid internship/graduate position but also:
(1) senior mentors from the creative industry
(2) a comprehensive training programme
(3) access to a variety of Creative Access specific industry master classes
(4) access to a wide range of networking events
Details of the event
Venue: Channel 4’s Headquarters (near St James Park, central London)
Date: April 17th or April 29th
Time: 6pm – 8pm
Host: Paul Chowdhry – Comedian, a regular on CH4 stand up show “Stand up for the week”
Genevieve Ampaduh – Head of Digital Marketing, Syco Music
Saurabh Kakkar – Executive Producer, in-house Comedy, BBC
Sathnam Sanghera – Features Writer, The Times
Parminder Vir – Director, PVL Media Emerging Markets
Tabitha Jackson – Commissioning Editor, Channel 4
Natalie Jerome – Editorial Director, Harper Collins
Julia Potts, Executive Director, Almeida Theatre
Further speakers, and their respective firms, will be confirmed shortly.
If you are interested in attending the events (or are unable to attend the events but are interested in a career in the Creative industries), please follow the simple 2 step process provided below:
- Fill in the attached survey (it will take less than 5 minutes to complete): http://seo-london.com/alumni/members/modules/bmsurvey/survey.php?name=Creative_Access_Reception_2013 (Please copy and paste the entire link into your internet browser. Upon submission, you will be directed to the SEO London homepage)
- Please send your CV to email@example.com with the title “2013 SEO – Creative Access reception, Channel 4 HQ”.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE – 23:59 on 1st April, 2013