There are just a few places left on EmployAbility’s Disability Excellence in Practice: A Masterclass on Disability and Disclosure. Book now to reserve your spot. A preview of some of the topics that will be discussed can be found in recent BBC coverage here and here.
Disability Excellence in Practice: A Masterclass on Disability and Disclosure
When: Wednesday, 12th November 2014, 10:00am – 2:00pm
Where: Hosted by Bank of America Merrill Lynch in Canary Wharf
Who should attend: Diversity, HR, Recruitment Specialists, Team Leaders
Attract, Retain and Engage diverse talent through:
- Improving your understanding of disability and disclosure and the impact on recruitment and the business environment
- Understanding the context of Equality Act 2010 in relation to disclosure and the employers’ duty to make reasonable adjustments
- Developing your knowledge and confidence regarding disability, disclosure and adjustments
- Encouraging a culture of openness, to improve effective and efficient implementation of relevant adjustments, so that potential and existing employees can perform to the best of their ability
- Sharing best practice and experiences with your peers and other relevant professionals
What does the course involve?
- Practical guidance and advice for the attraction, recruitment and retention of talented disabled applicants and employees
- Working in small focused groups to share experiences and enhance learning
- Interactive exercises and scenarios to build on your existing knowledge
Topics covered include:
- Definition of disability – the scope of disability in relation to disclosure
- The law in context – a brief overview of the Equality Act 2010, including disability and disclosure and the impact on the employer’s duty to make reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process and the workplace
- Organisation, leadership and disclosure – what can your organisation do to encourage disclosure
- Your role and disclosure – how to encourage disclosure of disability and what to do if an employee tells you they are experiencing difficulties due to a disability
- Metrics and disclosure – how to monitor disclosure to encourage change
- Recognise the signs – identifying when an employee is experiencing difficulties due to a disability
- Sensitive conversations – a guide to having conversations about disabilities with applicants and existing employees
- Interactive Scenarios and examples – group based work on real life examples
- Disability Etiquette and appropriate language
Price: £249, this price includes a networking lunch. Discounts are available for Universities and Charities.
To book your place on this event, please go to the Disability Excellence in Practice page on the EmployAbility website and follow the instructions at the bottom of the page.