Recipe“This tasty recipe was developed by Dr Hazel Wallace (@thefoodmedic).” provided by Fran Baldwin – Loughborough Sport Performance Nutrition Team
10 servings / 20p per serving / 20 minutes cook time
Nutritional information per cookie:
- 179 Kcal
- 31g Carbohydrate
- 4g Protein
- 4g Fat
- 100g Oats
- 180g Oat Flour (Blitz Oats in Food Processor)
- 175g Apple Sauce
- 50ml Maple Syrup
- 50g Dried Cranberries
- 30g Raisins
- 25g Mixed seeds
(sunflower, pumpkin, linseed, flax)
- 1tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Heat the oven to 190C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the oats, oat flour, baking powder, salt, cranberries, raisins, and mixed seeds.
- In a separate bowl combine the apple sauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until well combined.
- Separate the mixture and roll it into approx. 10 balls.
- Use a spatula and press down on the balls to form a cookie shape.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for approx. 9 minutes.
- Turn the cookies over and bake for a further 9 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool