During this year’s Doctoral Wellbeing Fortnight, we asked Doctoral Researchers to contribute towards our PHooD blog series (PhD + Food = PHooD!) by sharing their ‘go-to’ recipes that are tasty and either quick to make and/or nutritious and/or cheap and/or comforting… enjoy!
Banana Pancakes – Recipe by Tunmike Olowe
For more of Tunmike’s delicious recipes check out their Instagram food page @fooddairy_staysafe!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 120g self-raising flour (equivalent to 8tbsp)
- 1tbsp caster sugar (optional)
- 200ml Almond milk/ Plain milk
- Mash 2 bananas in a bowl
- Add in the flour, milk and sugar and mix until it’s as smooth as possible.
- Spray pan with olive oil
- Add enough batter to desired size
- Allow to cook on low heat for 1 minute or until slightly brown, flip over and let it cook for another minute.