Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6 Staff Rollout
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6 will be deployed to all Windows 7 Service Staff PCs across campus from the 26/01/2016. The rollout schedule is as follows:
- 26th Jan 2016 ITS Dept
- 2nd Feb 2016 Support School
- 4th Feb 2016 External Depts
- 9th Feb 2016 Schools1 Collection
- 16th Feb 2016 All of Campus
The postponable installation can take up to five minutes to install and does require a reboot. For more info on this update goto:
The main benefits of upgrading to the 12.1.6 platform include:
- Support for Windows 10
- Support for Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- SEPM Database Support for SQL Server 2012 SP2
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.0 and 7.1
- Support for Oracle Linux (OEL) 6U5
- Support for Ubuntu 14.04
- Windows Embedded Platform Support
- Improved Protection Features
- Customer Experience and UI Improvements
- Network Load Improvements
Cisco Jabber 11.5.0 Staff Rollout
The Cisco Jabber upgrade will be deployed to all Windows 7 Service Staff PCs across campus from the 21/01/2016. The rollout schedule is as follows:
- 21/01/2016 Support
- 28/01/2016 External/ BE / DS / SR / PS / SC / AE
- 04/02/2016 All Staff
This postponable installation can take up to five minutes to install and does not require a reboot. Cisco Jabber for Windows 11.5.0 Release Notes:
Release of Windows 7 Service 2015 Beta Build
IT Services are pleased to announce the release of the Windows 7 Core Beta Build for the 2015/16 academic year. Please install this core beta build onto a test machine and use it to evaluate its suitability as a platform for learning and teaching next year. Documentation for this year’s beta release can be found on the Desktop Resource workspace:
Release Notes for this 2015 Beta Build:
\\ws2.lboro.ac.uk\DesktopResource\Windows 7 Service 2015 Beta Documents\W7 Core Beta 2015-2016 Release Notes.docx
Deployment Procedure for Lab Managers v2.9.9 W7 2015 Image:
\\ws2.lboro.ac.uk\DesktopResource\Windows 7 Service 2015 Beta Documents\Deployment Procedure for Lab Managers.docx
Installing Windows 7: OS Deployment using SCCM Task Sequence Media:
\\ws2.lboro.ac.uk\DesktopResource\Windows 7 Service 2015 Beta Documents\Installing Windows 7 Service (Staff and Labs).docx
Windows 7 – Service Definition V1.7:
\\ws2.lboro.ac.uk\DesktopResource\Windows 7 Service 2015 Beta Documents\Windows 7 – Service Definition.docx
The beta testing period will continue until the end of June when the final build will be released.
Can I get more information and help:
Contact the IT Service Desk via IT.Services@lboro.ac.uk or on extension 222333.
The EUC Team will be running their annual labs build refresher training session on June 24th from 2PM – 5PM in the LDS003 Lab. The training will cover:
- Changes to the Images for 2015/16.
- OS Deployment using SCCM Task Sequence Media.
- Deployment Procedure for Lab Managers.
Please accept the calendar invitation that was sent out earlier today if you want to attend.
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.5 will be rolled out to all Labs (including 3rd Party Labs) from 15/05/2015. This update has already been rolled out to the ITS Labs without issue. This program will install silently at 03:00AM when the machines are woken up automatically by Verismic. For more info on this update goto:
The main benefits of upgrading to the 12.1.5 platform include:
- Windows 8.1 Support
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Support
- Mac OS X 10.10 Support
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Client for Linux adds support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.5 and CentOS 6.5.
- Download Insight and SONAR can now scan Office 2013 applications.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager now uses OpenSSL 1.0.1h
- Client startup time is shorter, and the client service uses fewer processes.
For more information on this update contact IT Services on Ext 22233.
ITS will no longer deploy and support the LanSchool Software. It is being replaced with Impero.
There was a bug with our version of Lanschool and this year’s IE11 build which meant we would have to pay and upgrade to the latest version of LanSchool to resolve the issue.
It has been decided to just use Impero as its a better product and means ITS are only supporting one classroom management tool.
The DMS Team are currently uninstalling Lanschool and rolling out Impero to:
ITS Lab – YY09
ITS Lab – YY09A
ITS Lab – U007
ITS Lab – PilkLab-CAD
3rd Party Lab – MMLAb
3rd Party Lab – S163
3rd Party Lab – RT026
3rd Party Lab – N002
Extra Licensing capacity has been purchased for the above Labs so they can run this software.
For more information on Impero go to: