There are several ways to access files you saved to the network or PC stores.
- Your networked files (previously U: drive) are located in ‘My Documents’ in the ‘Document’ library. This can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Windows Explorer’ icon on the ’Task Bar’, click the expand icon alongside ‘Documents’, and then click on the ‘My Documents’ folder.
- Notice that you also have other Libraries for organising your music, images and videos.
- The ‘Public Documents’ library is for temporary storage on your PCs hard drive.
Alternative routes to the same location are as follows:
- Click on the Microsoft button (aka ‘Start’) then click on your name ‘My Documents’.
- Click on the Microsoft button (aka ‘Start’) then click on ‘Computer’ to access from the navigation pane
Please remember that unless you save your files to ‘My Documents’ you will not be able to see them on other networked PCs, and if your hard drive fails your work will be lost.