Call for Papers – London Workshop on Institutional Issues 2021
The Institute for International Management, here at Loughborough University London, is a part of the Friday Association for Institutional Studies, a collective group holding a call for contributions to the fourth annual London workshop on institutional studies.
The Friday Association for Institutional studies includes members of Birkbeck Centre for Political Economy and Institutional Studies (CPEIS), and the Centre for Comparative Studies of Emerging Economies (CCSEE) at the School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES USL), alongside the Institute for International Management.
Contributions are requested for the theme of ‘Crisis and Persistence: Dynamics of institutional changes at the interface of the formal and informal institutions’.
Questions of interest include but are not limited to:
- What are the antecedents of different types of institutional change in times of crisis?
- What interactions exist between formal and informal institutions during crises?
- How do informal institutions affect institutional change during crises?
- Can crises reshape human behaviour above and beyond the “formal rules of the games”?
- How/when/where do informal institutions provide resilience to institutional orders in crisis?
- How/when/where do they undermine institutional stability or support institutional change?
How to submit?
Please send an abstract (max. 500 words) or a full paper (if available and preferred by the
submitters) by 18 June 2021 to email@example.com. The submission should be sent with “Institutional Change Workshop” in the subject line.
To find out more, please visit the UCL website.
To learn more about our Institute for International Management, please visit this web page.
Loughborough University London
Blogging everything that’s happening at Loughborough University London