Apologies for the delayed arrival of this latest Snippets!
Visit the new and improved WSH website
The Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Health (WSH) website has been revamped. It is now live and will be formally launched as part of WHO Stockholm World Water Week events on Wednesday 31 August 2016. This update includes a new structure and navigation to reflect WHO’s evolving WASH priorities. This includes new pages on WHO’s work on sanitation and health care facilities.
IRC has compiled a growing repository of tools and guidance for strengthening WASH service delivery.
Over the past six years under diverse initiatives like Triple-S, WASHCost and WASHTech, IRC and partners have gained a wealth of experience: on what sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) systems look like; and, on how to support processes of collective inquiry and action necessary to develop them.We have shared those experiences in the form of briefing notes, guidelines, papers and trainings. And we have seen that there is demand for, and appreciation of, them. But we have not, until now, attempted to bring them together in a single repository.This changes with the launch of a new toolkit section on our website: http://www.ircwash.org/wash-tools. Here you will find under one virtual roof a selection of the tools and approaches that we think are most important or promising for: creating strong, resilient and independent national and local WASH service delivery systems; and for supporting processes of systems change and systems strengthening.The toolkit is in an early stage of development; it is a beta product, with all the usual caveats that come with that status. And, as with other beta products, we’re hoping that potential and actual users will feel free to contact us with their experiences of using the toolkit – to let us know what works for you, what we could do better – and what is completely missing and needs to be added.
From Sanitation Updates:
Posted: 13 Sep 2016
Posted: 06 Sep 2016 07:12 AM PDT
Posted: 01 Sep 2016
Posted: 31 Aug 2016 06:16 AM PDT
Posted: 30 Aug 2016 08:23 AM PDT
Posted: 29 Aug 2016
Posted: 25 Aug 2016 02:25 AM PDT
Posted: 23 Aug 2016
Posted: 22 Aug 2016
Posted: 19 Aug 2016 06:25 AM PDT
Posted: 18 Aug 2016
Posted: 17 Aug 2016
Posted: 03 Aug 2016 06:43 AM PDT
From email alerts:
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYGIENE AND ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
VOL 219; NUMB 4 (2016)
- pp.317-330 On-plot drinking water supplies and health:A systematic review Overbo, A.; Williams, A. R.; Evans, B.; Hunter, P. R.; Bartram, J.
SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT
VOL 554; (2016)
- pp.89-101 Impacts of extreme flooding on riverbank filtration water quality Ascott, M. J.; Lapworth, D. J.; Gooddy, D. C.; Sage, R. C.; Karapanos, I.
WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT -DORDRECHT-
VOL 30; NUMB 12 (2016)
- pp.4233-4246 Classification of Drinking Water Quality Index and Identification of Significant Factors Nazir, H. M.; Hussain, I.; Zafar, M. I.; Ali, Z.; AbdEl-Salam, N. M.
- pp.4415-4428 The Value of Rain:Benefit-Cost Analysis of Rainwater Harvesting Systems Dallman, S.; Chaudhry, A. M.; Muleta, M. K.; Lee, J.
Development in practice
VOL 26; NUMB 6 (2016)
- pp.808-815 Can school children reliably collect rural household data in developing countries? Evidence from Nepal Bunn, David; Sah, Keshav; Kattel, Prachanda; Kimweri, Innocent; Schwind, Jessica S.; Msoffe, Peter
Alerts with ‘sanitation’ in the title:
- Water sewage and effluent VOL 36; NUMB 3 (2016) pp.10-15 Cape Town invests `to give dignity’:The City of Cape Town’s 2016/17 budget will see more than a billion rand being spent directly on water and sanitation in informal settlements
- Trends in parasitology VOL 32; NUMB 9 (2016) pp.661-664 School Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene to Reduce the Transmission of Schistosomes and Soil-Transmitted Helminths Grimes, Jack E.T.; Templeton, Michael R.
- Environmental science & technology VOL 50; NUMB 14 (2016) pp.7373-7381 Floors and Toilets:Association of Floors and Sanitation Practices with Fecal Contamination in Peruvian Amazon Peri-Urban Households Exum, Natalie G.; Olortegui, Maribel Paredes; Yori, Pablo Pe?ataro; Davis, Meghan F.; Heaney, C
- REVIEWS IN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY VOL 15; NUMB 3 (2016) pp.465-478 A review of sustainable sanitation systems in Africa Nansubuga, I.; Banadda, N.; Verstraete, W.; Rabaey, K.
- PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases Vol. 10; No. 8 (2016) Ivermectin Treatment and Sanitation Effectively Reduce Strongyloides stercoralis Infection Risk in Rural Communities in Cambodia BernasconiBernasconiBernasconiForrer, MicheleMicheleMicheleArmelle; Khieu, Virak; Schindler, Christi
- PLoS ONE Vol. 11; No. 8 (2016) Adopt or Adapt:Sanitation Technology Choices in Urbanizing Malawi Chunga, Richard M.; Ensink, Jeroen H. J.; Jenkins, Marion W.; Brown, Joe
- PLoS ONE Vol. 11; No. 8 (2016) Who Delivers without Water? A Multi Country Analysis of Water and Sanitation in the Childbirth Environment PanPanGon, Si-JianSi-JianGiorgia; Restrepo-Mendez, Maria Clara; Campbell, Oona M. R.; Barros, Aluisi
- HEALTH PROMOTION INTERNATIONAL VOL 31; NUMB 2 (2016) pp.258-269 Informal settlements and a relational view of health in Nairobi, Kenya:sanitation, gender and dignity Corburn, J.; Karanja, I.
- WORLD DEVELOPMENT -OXFORD- VOL 85; (2016) pp.84-104 Has Foreign Aid Been Effective in the Water Supply and Sanitation Sector? Evidence from Panel Data Gopalan, S.; Rajan, R. S.
- JOURNAL OF HEALTH ECONOMICS VOL 48; (2016) pp.135-148 Village sanitation and child health:Effects and external validity in a randomized field experiment in rural India Hammer, J.; Spears, D.
- Epidemiology VOL 27; NUMB 5 (2016) pp.752-760 Estimating the Effect of School Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Improvements on Pupil Health Outcomes Garn, Joshua V.; Brumback, Babette A.; Drews-Botsch, Carolyn D.; Lash, Timothy L.; Kramer, Michael R
- American journal of tropical medicine and hygiene VOL 95; NUMB 2 (2016) pp.278-287 Water, sanitation, and hygiene facilities and hygiene practices associated with diarrhea and vomiting in monastic schools, Myanmar Weaver, Emma R. N.; Agius, Paul A.; Veale, Hilary; Dorning, Karl; Hlang, Thein T.; Aung, Poe P
- Environmental science & technology VOL 50; NUMB 12 (2016) pp.6517-6525 Teachers and Sanitation Promotion:An Assessment of Community-Led Total Sanitation in Ethiopia Crocker, Jonny; Geremew, Abiyot; Atalie, Fisseha; Yetie, Messele; Bartram, Jamie
- Environmental science & technology VOL 50; NUMB 12 (2016) pp.6146-6153 Incentivizing Decentralized Sanitation:The Role of Discount Rates Wood, Alison; Blackhurst, Michael; Garland, Jay L.; Lawler, Desmond F.
- SANDEC NEWS VOL 17; (2016) pp.16-16 What Role Should Small-Scale Sanitation Systems Play in South Asia? Assessing the role of small-scale sanitation systems
- SANDEC NEWS VOL 17; (2016) pp.18-19 Research to Policy:The Five Year Experience of the Egypt ESRISS Project An article on the work of the small-scale sanitation project in Egypt’s Nile Delta
- SANDEC NEWS VOL 17; (2016) pp.29-29 Sandec’s MOOCs are Flipping the Classroom Sandec Relaunching Sanitation MOOC A Day in the Life of a Swiss Civil Servant in Nepal