My latest blog – still some catching up to do!
NEW: WEDC MOBILE NOTES ON WASH for smartphones and tablets
This collection of illustrated mobile notes on aspects of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in low- and middle-income countries has been designed for people on the move.
Composed especially for smartphones and tablets, they can be read online or downloaded free of charge.
The link takes you to the list of currently available titles including the WHO Technical Notes on Drinking-water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Emergencies.
Bookmark the link on your phone as the list updates periodically when new notes are added to the collection.
NEW! : WATER SAMPLING AND ANALYSIS – A series of four films
From The Water Network Newsletter 26th January 2017:
CSIR Develops Device to Detect E. coli in Water
From Sanitation Updates:
Posted: 20 Feb 2017 04:55 AM PST
Posted: 16 Feb 2017 09:33 AM PST
Posted: 15 Feb 2017 06:02 AM PST
Posted: 14 Feb 2017
Posted: 13 Feb 2017 11:03 AM PST
Posted: 08 Feb 2017
Posted: 07 Feb 2017
Posted: 06 Feb 2017 04:09 AM PST
Posted: 31 Jan 2017
Posted: 30 Jan 2017 09:24 AM PST
Posted: 27 Jan 2017
Posted: 25 Jan 2017 06:29 AM PST
From journal email alerts:
SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT
VOL 573; (2016)
- pp.278-289 Setback distances between small biological wastewater treatment systems and drinking water wells against virus contamination in alluvial aquifers Blaschke, A. P.; Derx, J.; Zessner, M.; Kirnbauer, R.; Kavka, G.; Strelec, H.; Farnleitner, A. H.; P
- pp.444-457 A system dynamics simulation model for sustainable water resources management and agricultural development in the Volta River Basin, Ghana Kotir, J. H.; Smith, C.; Brown, G.; Marshall, N.; Johnstone, R
- pp.862-875 Climate change and adaptive water management measures in Chtouka Aït Baha region (Morocco) Seif-Ennasr, M.; Zaaboul, R.; Hirich, A.; Caroletti, G. N.; Bouchaou, L.; El Morjani, Z. E.; Beraaou
- pp.906-914 Influences of seasons, N/P ratios and chemical compounds on phosphorus removal performance in algal pond combined with constructed wetlands Zhimiao, Z.; Xinshan, S.; Yanping, X.; Yufeng, Z.; Zhijie, G.; Fanda, L.; Yi, D.; Wei, W.; Tianling,
WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT -DORDRECHT-
VOL 31; NUMB 1 (2017)
- pp.205-218 The Influence of the Regulatory Environment on Chinese Urban Water Utilities Li, F.; Phillips, M. A.
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYGIENE AND ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
VOL 219; NUMBER 7; PART A (2016)
- pp.606-616 Water, sanitation and hygiene in wetlands. A case study from the Ewaso Narok Swamp, Kenya Anthonj, C.; Rechenburg, A.; Kistemann, T.
- pp.617-625 Spatial distribution of enteric viruses and somatic coliphages in a Lagoon used as drinking water source and recreation in Southern Brazil Elmahdy, M. E.; Fongaro, G.; Magri, M. E.; Petruccio, M. M.; Barardi, C. R.
- pp.599-605 Impacts of population growth, urbanisation and sanitation changes on global human Cryptosporidium emissions to surface water Hofstra, N.; Vermeulen, L. C.
International journal of water resources development
VOL 32; NUMB 3 (2016)
- pp.398-411 Energy for freshwater supply, use and disposal in the Netherlands:a case study of Dutch households Gerbens-Leenes, P.W.
- pp.412-427 Evaluating the economic viability of solar-powered desalination:Saudi Arabia as a case study Napoli, Christopher; Rioux, Bertrand
- pp.428-441 Responding to water challenges in Greece through desalination:energy considerations Kartalidis, A.; Tzen, E.; Kampragkou, E.; Assimacopoulos, D.
- pp.459-476 Drivers of groundwater use and technical efficiency of groundwater, canal water, and conjunctive use in Pakistan’s Indus Basin Irrigation System Mekonnen, Dawit; Siddiqi, Afreen; Ringler, Claudia
- pp.477-494 Energy for water utilization in China and policy implications for integrated planning Li, Xi; Liu, Jie; Zheng, Chunmiao; Han, Guoyi; Hoff, Holger
From email alerts (sanitation in title):
- SOCIAL SCIENCE AND MEDICINE VOL 171; (2016) pp.84-93 Improving community health through marketing exchanges:A participatory action research study on water, sanitation, and hygiene in three Melanesian countries Barrington, D. J.; Sridharan, S.; Saunders, S. G.; Souter, R. T.; Bartram, J.; Shields, K. F.; Meo,
- BMC Public Health Vol. 17; (2017) Children with access to improved sanitation but not improved water are at lower risk of stunting compared to children without access:a cohort study in Ethiopia, India, Peru, and Vietnam HaysHaysDearden, Stephanie G.Stephanie G.Kirk A.; Schott, Whitney; Crookston, Benjamin T.; Humphries
- Working paper series VOL 22940; (2016) pp.ALL-ALL SANITATION, DISEASE EXTERNALITIES, AND ANEMIA:EVIDENCE FROM NEPAL Coffey, Diane; Geruso, Michael; Spears, Dean
- ECONOMICS AND HUMAN BIOLOGY VOL 23; (2016) pp.63-75 Climatic conditions and child height:Sex-specific vulnerability and the protective effects of sanitation and food markets in Nepal Mulmi, P.; Block, S. A.; Shively, G. E.; Masters, W. A.
- ECONOMICS AND HUMAN BIOLOGY VOL 23; (2016) pp.235-245 Disease externalities and net nutrition:Evidence from changes in sanitation and child height in Cambodia, 2005–2010 Vyas, S.; Kov, P.; Smets, S.; Spears, D.
- PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases Vol. 11; No. 1 (2017) A Mobile Platform Enables Unprecedented Sanitation Uptake in Zambia BoatmanMarkle, Tobias GabrielLaurie; Maganani, Abel; Katooka, Oswell; Tiwari, Amy; Osbert, Nicolas;
- ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE. WATER RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY VOL 2; NUMB 6 (2016) pp.953-964 Selection of screw characteristics and operational boundary conditions to facilitate post-flush urine and faeces separation within single household sanitation systems Mercer, E.; Cruddas, P.; Williams, L.; Kolios, A.; Parker, A.; Tyrrel, S.; Cartmell, E.; Pidou, M.;
- PLoS ONE Vol. 12; No. 1 (2017) On the Identification of Associations between Five World Health Organization Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Phenotypes and Six Predictors in Low and Middle-Income Countries Ellis, Hugh; Schoenberger, Erica
- HEALTH POLICY AND PLANNING VOL 31; NUMB 9 (2016) pp.1193-1199 Using microfinance to facilitate household investment in sanitation in rural Cambodia Geissler, K. H.; Goldberg, J.; Leatherman, S.
- CAMBRIDGE JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS VOL 40; NUMB 6 (2016) pp.1707-1724 A critical assessment of transaction cost theory and governance of public services with special reference to water and sanitation Dagdeviren, H.; Robertson, S. A.
- Economic and political weekly VOL 51; NUMB 53 (2016) pp.144-152 Contours of Access to Water and Sanitation in India Shreyaskar, Pankaj K. P.
- BMC Public Health Vol. 17; (2017) Participatory science and innovation for improved sanitation and hygiene:process and outcome evaluation of project SHINE, a school-based intervention in Rural Tanzania Hetherington, Erin; Eggers, Matthijs; Wamoyi, Joyce; Hatfield, Jennifer; Manyama, Mange; Kutz, Susan
- American journal of tropical medicine and hygiene VOL 96; NUMB 1 (2017) pp.57-64 Decomposing educational inequalities in child mortality:A temporal trend analysis of access to water and sanitation in Peru Bohra, Tasneem; Benmarhnia, Tarik; McKinnon, Britt; Kaufman, Jay S.
- American journal of tropical medicine and hygiene VOL 96; NUMB 1 (2017) pp.65-73 Is using a latrine “a strange thing to do”? a mixed-methods study of sanitation preference and behaviors in rural Ethiopia Aiemjoy, Kristen; Stoller, Nicole E.; Gebresillasie, Sintayehu; Shiferaw, Ayalew; Tadesse, Zeri
- DEMOGRAPHY -CHICAGO THEN WASHINGTON THE SILVER SPRING- VOL 54; NUMB 1 (2017) pp.337-360 Place and Child Health:The Interaction of Population Density and Sanitation in Developing Countries Hathi, P.; Haque, S.; Pant, L.; Coffey, D.; Spears, D.
- WASTE AND BIOMASS VALORIZATION VOL 8; NUMB 2 (2017) pp.463-471 Transesterification of Sanitation Waste for Biodiesel Production Oliveira, J. P.; Antunes, P. W.; Santos, A. R.; Mordente, T. Z.; Pinotti, L. M.; Cassini, S. r.