Interesting bits and pieces!
New and improved UN-Water website (email May 26th 2017)
The United Nations World Water Development Report 2017
Wastewater: the untapped resource
*From USAID Global Waters (May 2017):
Where WASH saves lives: creating new traditions in Nepal
In the past, Nepalese girls would have been subject to the taboos of chhaupadi — not being allowed to use the family toilet or sleep in the family home during their menstrual period
Doubling access to safe drinking water: how four African countries did it…and how others can too
The WALIS project identified four common elements applied to local systems in Ethiopia, Rwanda, Senegal, and South Africa that contributed to meeting the Millennium Development Goal for clean water access to help other countries learn how to replicate their success
From Sanitation Updates:
Posted: 06 Jun 2017 10:52 AM PDT
Posted: 05 Jun 2017
Posted: 31 May 2017 06:48 AM PDT
*(see extracts above)
Posted: 25 May 2017
Posted: 22 May 2017 09:52 AM PDT
Posted: 19 May 2017 08:04 AM PDT
Posted: 17 May 2017
Posted: 15 May 2017
Posted: 11 May 2017
Posted: 10 May 2017 10:33 AM PDT
Posted: 09 May 2017
From email alerts (sanitation in the title):
- American journal of tropical medicine and hygiene VOL 96; NUMB 4 (2017) pp.984-993 The role of adherence on the impact of a school-based water, sanitation, and hygiene intervention in Mali Garn, Joshua V.; Trinies, Victoria; Toubkiss, Jeremie; Freeman, Matthew C.
- PLoS ONE Vol. 12; No. 5 (2017) Underreporting of high-risk water and sanitation practices undermines progress on global targets MengMengVedachalam, HeHeSridhar; MacDonald, Luke H.; Shiferaw, Solomon; Seme, Assefa; Schwab, Kellog
- Engineering project organization journal VOL 6; NUMB 2-4 (2016) pp.92-103 Exploring the use of social network analysis to inform exit strategies for rural water and sanitation NGOs Walters, Jeffrey Paul
- ENVIRONMENT DEVELOPMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY VOL 19; NUMB 3 (2017) pp.1055-1066 Sustainable sanitation, improved use of composting latrines through mixing and moisturizing:case study in Paraguay Pebler, P. T.; Barkdoll, B. D.
From journal email alerts:
VOL 110; (2017)
- pp.354-365 Sludge accumulation and distribution impact the hydraulic performance in waste stabilisation ponds Coggins, Liah X.; Ghisalberti, Marco; Ghadouani, Anas
WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT -DORDRECHT-
VOL 31; NUMB 8 (2017)
- pp.2355-2373 Ownership and Performance in Water Services Revisited:Does Private Management Really Outperform Public? Suarez-Varela, M.; los Angeles Garcia-Vali?as, M. a.; Gonzalez-Gomez, F.; Picazo-Tadeo, A. s.
- pp.2375-2387 Water Services are the Bridgehead for a Return to Publicly Owned Utilities in Europe. A Comparative Analysis Novaro, P.; Bercelli, J.
Science of the total environment
VOL 583; (2017)
- pp.432-439 Halophytes as vertical-flow constructed wetland vegetation for domestic wastewater treatment Fountoulakis, M.S.; Sabathianakis, G.; Kritsotakis, I.; Kabourakis, E.M.; Manios, T.