The British Council are currently recruiting students (in their second, third or final year of study) and recent graduates of any discipline. The deadline for applications is 3 December 2013.
Language Assistants support the teaching of English in schools and universities overseas. Our programme spans four continents, placing over 2,500 young people in 14 countries across Europe and beyond.
Click here for further details
A 1 day event for female students studying engineering and STEM subjects or with an interest in meeting recruiters, representatives and fellow students and discovering more about the engineering sector.
Browse the Guardian’s 300 top employers
Ever wondered which companies run the best graduate schemes in the UK? Guardian Careers and Guardian Jobs have joined forces with GTI to show you just that. Explore this online interactive tool to find the scheme that would suit you best, and view the latest vacancies too.
Applications for Eversheds 2014 Summer Vacation Scheme are now open. If you would like to apply for this, you will need to complete an online application form, which can be found by visiting www.eversheds.com/graduates.
The following events will take place this week:
- 28 October, EY, Presentation and Reception – James France Exhibition Area, 6.30pm
- 29 October, PwC, Drop In – Atrium EHB, 11am to 3pm
- 29 October, IBM, Presentation – SMB107, Stewart Mason, 6.30pm
- 29 October, Accenture, Dinner – venue confirmed on application to attend
- 30 October, Technology Fair – Haselgrave, 11am to 3pm
- 30 October, Goldman Sachs, Presentation and Reception – J104 & Atrium, 6.30pm
- 31 October, Teach First, Presentation – SMB017 Stewart Mason, 6.30pm
- 31 October, Verizon, Drop In – EHB, 11am to 3pm
- 31 October, Verizon, Presentation – Room D002, James France, 6.30pm
For further details and to attend any of the events above please sign up at Careers Online
Investigating Careers in…
- Wednesday 30 October – Finance and Accountancy – 1.00pm – Employers taking part include: ACCA – Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, CIPFA – Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, ICAEW – Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales, CIMA – Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, CII – The Chartered Insurance Institute, ICSA – Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- Wednesday 30 October – Assessment Centres/Procedures for Technology – 3.00pm – Guest speakers include Teach First and IBM
- Tuesday 29 October – Succeeding in Psychometric Tests – 1.00pm
- Thursday 31 October – Impressing on application forms – 1.00pm
- Friday 1 November – Building an effective CV 1.00pm
- Monday 28 October – Perfecting your Application forms – 1.00pm
- Monday 28 October – Perfecting your CV – 6.00pm
- Tuesday 29 October – Excelling at Interviews – 1.00pm
- Wednesday 30 October – Understanding your Personality – 2.00pm
- Wednesday 30 October – Professional Work Experience Induction – 6.00pm
- Thursday 31 October – Professional Work Experience Induction – 5.00pm
- Friday 1 November – Leadership and Management – 1.00pm – to be run by the Head of the Careers and Employability Centre
Loughborough Employability Award Induction Sessions
- Monday 28 October – LEA Induction session – 10.00am
- Tuesday 29 October – LEA Induction session – 3.00pm
- Wednesday 30 October – LEA Induction session -11.00am
- Thursday 31 October – LEA Induction session – 11.00am
- Thursday 31 October – LEA Induction session – 3.00pm
Please call into the CEC or visit our website and book your place at www.careers.lboro.ac.uk
Oxfam are seeking student volunteers, with an interest in fashion and photography,specifically in preparing items for their online shop.
For an example of the online store items, see the web page.
Please Volunteer Role Description for further information for this role.
You will be based in the Loughborough shop and training will be given.
If you are interested in this role or any other volunteer opportunity at the shop, please visit the Oxfam shop at 53 Market Street, Loughborough, LE11 3ER and ask for an application form.
Elevation Networks are conducting a 60-second survey to improve the relevance of the programmes they offer. You can find out more at http://www.elevationnetworks.org/sldp/
To take part in the survey visit:
The programme enables students to go through assessment stages(interview and assessment centre) in the UK Headquarter, but allow them to work in their applied country – usually their home country.
The programme last for 2-3 years and designed to develop the graduates to manager level positions. Functions including Financial Management, Marketing, HR, Supply Chain as well as R&D.
See website for details