It Has Never Been A More Exciting Time To Consider A Career In Financial Service Regulation At The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), And EmployAbility Are Delighted To Offer you Amazing Internship Opportunities with the FCA.
The FCA Summer Internship Programme
“I worked on a project for the Supervision division. It was varied and I went to client meetings regularly. I had no idea my internship would be this good.”
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Regulates One Of The Largest Industries In The Country, Ensuring Financial Services Firms Act And Think With Good Conduct Uppermost In Their Minds In Relation To Markets Integrity And Consumers. Their Work Involves, Amongst A Wide Range Of Indications, Looking At Business Models, The Conduct At The Very Top Of Firms And How Customers Are Treated.
Continue reading →
Are you looking for a career in a global FMCG company? Are you interested in working for the UK’s largest Soft Drinks Distributor?
Do you want a career that will provide you with new challenges every day? Do you want to be part of a team who will support your continued development?
Our Customer Services function at Coca-Cola Enterprises is looking for graduates to join their team in Nottingham. Having direct links to our head office in Uxbridge, the Customer Services team are accountable for delivering high levels of Customer Service by working collaboratively with our customers, production facilities, distribution networks, commercial and marketing colleagues.
We are looking for individuals who have a good work ethic and are ambitious, driven and motivated. A willingness to relocate at some point in the future to further their career will also be an advantage.
James Moffatt and Kate Armitage from Coca Cola-Enterprises will be at the School of Business and Economics on Tuesday 26th November at 3.00pm to present to Loughborough students and graduates on
- An Introduction to Coca-Cola Enterprises.
- Insights from the managers within Supply Chain and Customer Service
- Placement, Internship and Graduate Opportunities
- Networking and light refreshments.
Places are limited so please book your place with Simon Pond at firstname.lastname@example.org using reference CCE
If you need any further information about this event or opportunities with Coca -Cola Enterprises please contact Vicki Unwin at email@example.com
There are only 11 days until the application deadline for Summer Analyst and Industrial Placement Programmes and they recruit on a rolling basis (deadline 1st December 2013).
Both their 10-week Summer Analyst Internships and yearlong Industrial Placements are designed to provide students with the opportunity to experience the roles and responsibilities of a Full-Time Analyst. Interns work on real-time business needs alongside experienced professionals, and are given continued on-the-job training and guidance throughout their time at Morgan Stanley. These internships serve as the leading pipeline into our Full-Time Analyst Programmes.
Continue reading →
- Tuesday 26 November, 6.00pm Perfecting your CV
- Wednesday 27 November, 1.00pm Effective Career Networking
- Wednesday 27 November, 2.00pm Practising Online Aptitude Tests
- Wednesday 27 November, 3.00pm Perfecting your Covering Letters
- Thursday 28 November, 1.00pm Leadership and Management
- Friday 29 November, 12.00pm Professional Work Experience Induction
Loughborough Employability Award Induction Sessions
- Monday 25 November, 4.00pm
- Wednesday 27 November, 4.30pm
- Friday 29 November, 10.00am
Please call into the CEC or visit our website and book your place at www.careers.lboro.ac.uk
April 01 – 04, 2014
This could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. KPMG’s International Case Competition is a chance to experience the fast-paced world of casework, meet new people and travel to places you may never have been before. If you get to the top of your national case competition, you’ll find yourself on your way to São Paulo, Brazil, on an all-expenses-paid trip to the International Final. There, you’ll have the chance to network with your peers from around the world as you compete for the global title.
What’s in it for you?
Embark on a continuous journey of learning and self-improvement. Gain firsthand experience of the type of work our member firms undertake, while receiving valuable coaching from industry experts and KPMG leaders. Stand out from your peers and gain real industry experience by participating in the KPMG International Case Competition.
How it works
The challenge we’ll give you will be based on a realistic business scenario and will represent the kind of challenges our firm tackles on behalf of clients. We’ll give each team a detailed case study to consider – and then it’s up to you.
How to apply
You don’t need to be studying a particular subject to take part, but you do have to have:
- An interest in business
- Strong leadership and task management skills
- Composure under pressure
- The ability to absorb a range of information quickly, think through ideas and present solutions
Most of all, you must be prepared to challenge your own thinking and to encourage others to be their best. It takes flexibility and teamwork to come up with business solutions that are truly innovative and refreshing.
Find out more, visit our website.
Closing date: 23:59, Sunday 15th December 2013
Our team provides strategy and economics consulting, financial advisory and technical and commercial due diligence services for large deals across infrastructure and property markets, including in energy and utilities, transport, social infrastructure and property & urban environment.
We would like to invite students to a recruitment evening
Continue reading →
Ambitious, disabled and considering a career in commercial law?
This uniquely interactive event is designed to provide people with disability or long term health conditions an insight into the true nature of the opportunities for University Students interested in pursuing a career in commercial law.
With contributions from some of the world’s leading law firms, it will help you to develop your understanding of the industry and the support that is available. The event will also cover how best to approach the application and selection process, as well as provide the opportunity to meet those already working in the industry who have first hand experience of disability.
Attending will help give you the confidence and direction you need to overcome your concerns and make the most of your potential.
The next event will take place on the 2nd December 2013, Central London
10am, Friday 29 November, SMB.0.10
Since graduating from Loughborough with a Politics degree in 2010, Rustom Marker has been working for an NGO, helping to set up an ecotourism programme which brings foreigners to a small community to experience a different side of life in Guatemala. The project helps the community financially, creates new jobs and introduces environmentally-friendly technologies that also make farming more efficient.
Rustom will be talking about how his time at Loughborough lead him to NGO work, and how the skills he gained here have been relevant to the work he is now doing. He’ll also talk about his experiences in different NGOs and what to expect. Finally, he’ll also talk about a placement programme that he can offer our current students.
This is your last chance this term to come and meet employers on campus:
- 18th November, EON, Skills Session – SMB002, Stuart Mason, 6.30pm
- 18th November, Careers and Employability Centre with Unilever, Commercial Awareness, Presentation – K123, Herbert Manzoni, 6pm
- 19th November, BAE, Drop In – Wolfson Cafe, 11am to 3pm
- 20th November, BAE, Mock Assessment Centre – S173, IPTME Building, 1pm
- 20th November, BAE, Mock Assessment Centre – S173, IPTME Building, 3.30pm
- 20th November, EY, Skills Session – D002, James France, 2-3pm
- 21st November, EON, Room of the Future – James France Exhibition Centre, 11am to 3.30pm
- 21st November, Santander, Presentation – D102, James France, 6.30-8.30pm
For further details and to attend any of the events above please sign up at Careers Online
Investigating Careers in…
- Monday 18 November, 6.00pm – Freelancing – Hear from experienced freelancers about how to set yourself up in freelancing, create your brand and secure your clients.
- Wednesday 20 November, 2.00pm – European Union – speaker from the European Commission
- Monday 18 November, 1.00pm – Finding a Placement
- Monday 18 November, 6.00pm – Commercial Awareness – This workshop will be led by Unilever
- Wednesday 20 November, 1.30pm – Working in the UK after your studies – for non EEA students
- Wednesday 20 November, 3.00pm – Perfecting your CV – CANCELLED
- Wednesday 20 November, 4.30pm – Personal Branding – This workshop will help you gain an understanding of what your own ‘personal brand’ is and introduce ways to find and showcase your strengths so you can stand out from the crowd.
- Thursday 21 November, 1.00pm – Understanding your Personality
- Thursday 21 November, 3.00pm – Professional Work Experience Induction
Loughborough Employability Award Induction Sessions
Monday 18 November, 11.00am
Tuesday 19 November, 1:00pm
Thursday 21 November, 11.00am
Please call into the CEC or visit our website and book your place via Careers Online