Loughborough Student Life

Category archive: Arts, English and Drama

Coping with homesickness at University

Currently, over this Easter holiday, I’m reuniting with friends and family in beautiful Essex. Returning home brings mixed feelings since the contrast between home life and Loughborough life is so huge!

Preparing for those lingering exams

Stressed about your upcoming A-Level exams? Well it’s time to read the following blog, then get offline and stop the procrastination!

Breaking the creative careers stereotype

Panicked about a career in the creative industry? Heard that stereotype of “It’s hard to make it as a creative”? Read my tips below on how it is possible!

Diving headfirst into University

My Loughborough experience has been one of excitement and growth.  I’m very much an introvert so University originally seemed very daunting for me as I struggle to start conversations with new people. I’m sure I’m not alone in this.

A Year in Enterprise: Being a full time Designer/Illustrator 

Until recently, the ‘Year in Enterprise’ option as a placement year was only for students studying a Business subject. Luckily, I discovered it had become an option for ANY student to apply and began my investigations into this ‘mysterious year of wonderful possibilities’.

Graduation & graduating

If I’m completely honest, I’m really struggling to find the right words to start this blog because it doesn’t feel real that I’ve actually graduated! After three years of rehearsals, performances, presentations, tests and essays, it’s all over. I know I said that when I handed in my last assignment, but this is really it! […]