Loughborough Student Life

Category archive: Arts, English and Drama

Loughborough Uni Myth-busting

As Freshers’ week is fast approaching, I’ve taken on the job of informing you, our new cohort of freshers, of the truth behind many myths about University life! ‘During freshers’ week, you have to drink loads and go to every event!’ At the beginning of freshers’ week, of course, at any University many people do […]

Results Day Reflections

Casting my mind back to my own results day on 17th August 2017 is odd. The pressures of A-levels were the most stressful time of my life, so I had repressed them completely until I got back from my holiday a few days before results day!

Settling into University life

Scared? Apprehensive? Worried you won’t make friends? Don’t even know how to cook a meal other than beans on toast? First of all relax because everyone else is in the same boat!

Being a sustainable student!

World Environment Day was on the 5th June 2019! Living on the 438 acres of the beautiful green and biodiverse campus that Loughborough is, I thought I’d gather some tips on how to be a sustainable student.

Art Degree Show 2019 Review

As a first year Graphic Communication and Illustration student, I took the time to look around Loughborough’s annual Art Degree Show exhibition. I found this truly inspiring knowing that I’ll be up there in 2 years time.

Our Uni best bits

With the academic year coming to an end, I think it’s important to remember all the best bits of the year as we are all met with exam and coursework pressures. So, I interviewed some friends to see which bits of Loughborough 18-19 they’ve ‘luffed’ the most!

Making the most of the summer before University

I remember my A-Levels well and to say it was a stressful time for me would be an understatement! I definitely needed to spend a portion of my summer relaxing (you all deserve it)! That said, you can still be productive with some of your time…