This new four-year EPSRC EngD programme at the Manufacturing Technology Engineering Doctorate Centre (MTEDC) integrates an industry-based doctoral research project with research training in technical subjects and interdisciplinary skills.
It will focus on key areas of advanced manufacturing which are vital to the UK’s major industrial sectors and provide engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to become the business leaders of the future.
The MTEDC’s three academic partners –
The University of Nottingham, Loughborough University and the University of Birmingham – will provide a training programme of intensive one week modules over the first year. At the same time, MTEDC students (called research engineers) will work on industry-based research projects provided by industrial partners.
Research engineers will also benefit from the use of cutting-edge equipment and expertise at the universities and the new Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) in Ansty, Warwickshire, which provides a world-class facility to bridge the gap between research and industrial application. Please visit www.the-mtc.org for more information.
As a research engineer you will:
• Receive a generous scholarship (£20,000 tax-free stipend a year) + study package
• Be supervised by international leaders in advanced manufacturing technologies
• Complete an academic training programme that provides the skills to develop as a research engineer
• Work on an industry-based research project with a sponsoring company
• Have access to facilities at the universities and the MTC
Download pdf for more information
Email email@example.com for a recruitment and application pack. The pack will contain details of the latest research themes and projects.