Loughborough Student Life

Category archive: Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences

Surviving on a budget

One of the biggest surprises for me at Loughborough was that the monthly expenses here could average to approximately £300, if budgeted well.

Out and About

A recent conversation with a friend, Kavi, made me realise about the status quo of ‘coming out’. This somehow seemed a very relevant topic to me, and will also remain close to my heart. I hope I can share our perspectives through the following excerpts inspired from our conversation… 

A Non-Sporty Guide to Living at the ‘Sporty’ University

During my most recent conversations with parents and prospective students, I have encountered the following questions: ‘How intimidating is sport in Loughborough?’ ‘Will I be a misfit here if I am not as sporty?’ ‘How does one survive if they have zero inclination towards sport?’

My home away from home

One semester into my course and I can’t fathom how my last four months at Loughborough University just flew by. And this journey has been incredible!   

My International Experience: Lety

Moving away from home is hard, but moving away from across the pond is even harder; but, fear not, you’re not alone.

Reflecting on my year

This blog marks a year since I started blogging for Loughborough, and as cliché as this may seem, time really has flown by! It scares me to think that I am approaching the half way mark for my degree.

How to create (and stick to!) a budget

As the new academic year begins, it’s time to get organised. And as this month is National Finance Planning Month I thought I’d write this blog on budgeting. Something every student has to look at every once in a while, to ensure they don’t get dangerously deep in overdraft and student credit cards.