Posts tagged API
A few weeks ago we pushed out an update to our APIs on our live instance of LORLS and this morning we switched over to a new version of our front end (CLUMP). The changes introduced in this new version are the following
- Collapsible sub-headings
- Improved performance
- Better support for diacritics
Following a suggestion from an academic we have added a new feature for sub-headings. Clicking on a sub-heading will now collapse all the entries beneath it. To expand the section out again the user simple needs to click on the sub heading again. This will be beneficial to both academics maintaining large lists and students trying to navigate them.
Adjusting Jon’s APIs in the back end (LUMP) to return in either XML, JSON or JSONP format was quite easy once the initial code had been inserted in the LUMP module’s respond routine. Then it was simply a matter of adding 4 lines of code to each API script.
Better support for diacritics