Posts tagged Launch
At approximately 11:40 this morning we launched LORLS v6 to students and academics at Loughborough. This was done using our standard importer which extracted data from our previous LORLS 5 installation. We then ran a number of local modification scripts (e.g. to remove years and alter the metadata layout).
This seems like an opportune moment to say a few thank yous to those who contributed to the development and implementation of this new version:
- Jon and Jason, who in the best traditions of a pantomime horse developed the back and front ends
- Ginny and Jenny, for producing promotional and training material
- Theresa, Vicky, Karen, Lynne and Sue, for testing and critiquing the new system
- Sue 2.0, for putting up with us during the database design
- And to all the other library staff, academics and students who provided invaluable input and support for this new version.
And finally as it is Valentine’s Day a little (and I do mean little) poetry:
Roses are red, violets are blue,
LORLS 6 is here, just for you!
We are now just one week away from the new version of our reading lists system going into production use here at Loughborough. As part of the build up to this library staff have been engaged in various promotional activities such as: liaising with key staff in departments, distributing flyers to academics, attending departmental meeting and placing announcements on relevant noticeboards.
In addition to these activities, Ginny (Academic Librarian) and Jenny (e-Learning Officer) have produced an excellent four minute video demonstrating some the features of the new version.