Posts tagged Thank yous
At approximately 11:40 this morning we launched LORLS v6 to students and academics at Loughborough. This was done using our standard importer which extracted data from our previous LORLS 5 installation. We then ran a number of local modification scripts (e.g. to remove years and alter the metadata layout).
This seems like an opportune moment to say a few thank yous to those who contributed to the development and implementation of this new version:
- Jon and Jason, who in the best traditions of a pantomime horse developed the back and front ends
- Ginny and Jenny, for producing promotional and training material
- Theresa, Vicky, Karen, Lynne and Sue, for testing and critiquing the new system
- Sue 2.0, for putting up with us during the database design
- And to all the other library staff, academics and students who provided invaluable input and support for this new version.
And finally as it is Valentine’s Day a little (and I do mean little) poetry:
Roses are red, violets are blue,
LORLS 6 is here, just for you!