Loughborough University’s Talent Finder project is a new graduate placement and academic secondment scheme which uses ERDF (European Regional Development Funding) to help East Midlands based SME’s access world class knowledge and expertise
Further details are available at: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/graduatesinbusiness
The following vacancy is being advertised through the project on behalf of a local employer who is seeking a graduate intern:
Java programmer / software engineer
A Loughborough based developer and provider of unique Voice over IP telephony and converged communications solutions are looking for a Java programmer / software engineer to join their growing team.
Applicants should have good hands-on skills in Java coding and J2EE application development, and be able to work efficiently in a small, dynamic team. Good English language skills are a must.
- Experience with ORM Frameworks such as Hibernate and App Frameworks (eg Spring
- Database design & SQL skill
- Experience with tools like Ant, Maven, Hudson or Jenkin
- Web service design and development using SOAP or REST, and app server tuning and configuration – ideally Tomcat or JBOS
- A good first degree, or MSc education and some hands-on experience, ideally in an Agile development environment
Desirable Skills and experience:
- Experience with LINUX / UNIX / Scriptin
- Verification, validation and software QA Method
- OSS/BSS or billing
More experienced engineers are of course also welcome to apply.
Interested parties should contact the Talent Finder Project Manager, Catherine Allford, for an application form: C.Allford@lboro.ac.uk / 01509 228 677.
The closing date for submission of completed applications is Friday 9th November 2012.