EmployAbility is delighted to be working with Google to offer disabled students the opportunity to apply for the Building Opportunities for Leadership & Development (BOLD) Immersion and STEP Internship Programmes 2014.
The STEP Programme is a dedicated internship initiative for computer scientists, while BOLD has been developed specifically for those interested in the business side of Google and the technology industry. So whichever degree you’re studying, we have a Google programme for you!
About The BOLD Programme
When: 25-27 June 2014
Where: Dublin, Ireland*
Who: Bachelors and masters students of any degree discipline, graduating in 2015 or 2016 from a university in Europe, The Middle East or Africa (please note that this programme is not open to Google TechAbility 2013 participants)
Deadline: Thursday 20th March, 2014
*Please note that all reasonable travel, accommodation and meal costs will be covered by Google
The BOLD Immersion programme is designed to provide an exposure to the business side of the digital industry for students who are historically under-represented in this field. Participants will get a rare glimpse into online sales and customer relations, non-technical career opportunities at Google and they will also get the chance to develop valuable professional and peer networks.
This robust programme will also include professional talks and skill-building seminars, as well as the opportunity to meet students and Googlers from all over the World and, of course, have fun!
Check out this video from BOLD 2013 for more information.
To Apply, Students Must:
- Be a current student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Europe, Middle-East or Africa
- Expect to graduate in 2015 or 2016
- Demonstrate an interest in business or technology
- Be available to attend all three days of the programme (depending on your location, you might need to travel to and from Ireland on June 24th and 28th respectively)
- Be fluent in English, as all BOLD immersion activities will be conducted in English
For Further Information, Including logistical details and guidance for preparing your CV, please click here.
To begin your application, please click here and scroll down to select the ‘apply now’ button at the bottom of the page.
Please note that the application is a multi-step process.
Register your interest now by clicking on the “apply now” button on EmployAbility’s page, and we will email you the rest of the instructions – you must follow these before your application is complete. Registration of interest alone will not be sufficient. Early registration of interest is advised to allow adequate time to complete the application process and obtain your reference.
The BOLD Immersion application consists of your CV in English, a short essay, and one reference from a professor, direct supervisor, or a mentor you have worked closely with in your school or community activities.
About the STEP programme
When: 30th June – 10th September 2014 (12 weeks in duration)
Where: London, Munich, Krakow, Warsaw, Zurich or Saint Petersburg
Who: Undergraduate students studying computer science or a related degree subject:
- currently in the 1st year of a 3 year, a 4 year or a 5 year course
- or in the 2nd year of a 4 year or a 5 year course
Deadline: 26th March 2014
The Google 2014 STEP internships in EMEA is specifically designed for students of computer science and related subjects, who will complete the first year of their university studies by summer of 2014, or will complete the second year if they are on a 4 or 5 year programme.
This program will provide the successful applicants with invaluable experience within a professional computer science and software engineering environment, built around three core components: a software project, skills-based training, and professional development.
This program is open to all qualified University students and is committed to addressing diversity at Google and in the technology industry.
This summer trainee program includes:
- Software Project: A 12-week development project that you will work on with a team of Googlers and other STEP Interns. Skills-Based Training: Enhance your coding skills; get exposed to new tools and programming languages.
- Professional Development: Attend ongoing technical talks by senior Googlers, additionally, learn how to enhance your resume, tackle technical interviews, and improve your presentation skills.
- Mentorship: Be matched with a Google engineer, other than your manager, to guide you through your summer experience.
- Fun: Social activities, community building and networking. Build a relationship with your peers.
- Exposure: A unique glimpse into applying your computer science studies in a professional environment.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Solve all problems that come your way.
- Have completed your first year of undergraduate studies by Summer 2014 and are currently enrolled in a BA/BS programme, or have completed either your first or second year if you are enrolled on a 4 or 5 year programme
- International students who are currently enrolled at a university within Europe and Israel are eligible to apply. If hired, students will need to provide Google with proof of authorization to work in the relevant country
- You must be available between 30th June and 19th September 2014
- Students should have programming experience in either Java, Python, C, or C++.
Please visit this page and click on the “Apply Now” button at the very bottom to start and submit your application.