Due to planned maintenance, some of our resources will be unavailable on the morning of Monday 10th March. You will be unable to access resources normally requiring you to enter a password – those whose addresses begin with http://internal.lboro.ac.uk
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
This week (7th to 11th October) sees 11 employers coming on to campus to deliver presentations, run skills sessions and host drop-ins. Book your place now!
- 7th October, Arup, Drop In, Wolfson Cafe, 11am to 3pm
- 7th October, KPMG, Presentation J104 & Reception Atrium EHB, 6.30pm
- 8th October, Caterpillar, Outside James France, 11am to 3pm
- 8th October, Mercedes F1, Presentation, SMB014, 6.30pm
- 8th October, SEO London, Presentation, SMB017 Stewart Mason, 6.30pm
- 9th October, Barclays, Skills Session, HE021, Clyde Williams, 2pm
- 9th October, Unilever, Presentation J104 & Reception Atrium EHB, 6.30pm
- 10th October, RM Education, Drop In, Atrium EHB, 11am to 3pm
- 10th October, Airbus, Presentation, J002 EHB, 6.30pm
- 10th October, Abercrombie & Fitch, Presentation, SMB017 Stewart Mason, 6.30pm
- 11th October, Morgan Stanley, Skills Session, K123 Herbert Manzoni, 3pm
Book now on Careers Online
The Springboard Fair will take place on Wednesday 24th April 2013 in the James France Exhibition Centre. No need to register and free to attend!
This is a very different and exciting careers fair. We invite a range of organisations to give you access to information, advice and opportunities in sectors covering:
art & design; careers guidance; conservation and expeditions overseas; entrepreneurship; hospitality; health, leisure and sport; human resources; journalism; publishing; law; marketing; music; postgraduate study; psychology; public sector; career coaching for international students; paid vacation work; merchandising and buying; opportunities with small to medium sized organisations; paid part time work; public services; teaching; volunteering.
For more details visit http://www.lboro.ac.uk/service/careers/events/employer/fairs/springboard-fair.html
Don’t miss this opportunity to participate in a free trial of employer assessment tests AND the chance to win a £50 voucher! Trial ends on Wednesday 13th March.
Criterion Partnership is an occupational psychology consultancy and test publisher, specialising in:
- online assessment
- assessment and selection
- learning and development
- organisational development and change.
For a limited time only they are offering the opportunity to trial some new verbal and numerical psychometric tests which will feature in their Utopia testing series used by many of their clients to recruit and assess their staff.
Click here for more information and instructions on how to take the tests.
27 March 2013, 5-8pm
James France Exhibition Area
Back by popular demand – meet employers specially seeking to recruit doctoral graduates. In the line up are Jaguar Land Rover, IBM, Rolls-Royce, Tessella and more yet to be confirmed.
Reserve your place now via the Careers and Employability Centre’s online booking system
(if you have not already done so you will need to register with Careers Online)
Book Now for Insight into Management 2013!
Insight into Management is a 3-day course held in April providing an introduction to management for second and penultimate year undergraduate students using a series of business games and skills sessions and is highly regarded by employers.
For more information and to book visit –
Applications for the Workshadow Scheme 2013 are now being accepted, offering access to over 135 work experience placements/visits for 2nd year undergraduates who are studying in the following schools and departments:
- School of the Arts, English and Drama
- School of Design
- Department of Economics
- Department of Information Science
- School of Social, Political and Geographical Studies
- School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences
For more information visit the website – http://www.lboro.ac.uk/service/careers/experience/workshadow/index.html
Apply by 9am 28th January
Apply by 13th January for your chance to receive a € 7,000 (or equivalent) scholarship from Google for the 2013/2014 academic year.
EmployAbility are working with Google to offer disabled students a fantastic scholarship opportunity. To be eligible, candidates must be:
- A student enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD programme (or equivalent) in 2013/2014.
- Enrolled at a University in Europe or in Israel. Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply.
- Studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or a closely related technical field.
Introducing GE Quests – for the chance to win from a prize pool of $600,000.
As the machines and systems we interact with become more connected and more intelligent, we need the right people to analyze larger volumes of data and design applications. To help, GE is inviting the world’s data science and design experts and enthusiasts to a series of competitions.
Can you create an algorithm that reduces air travel delays?
Or, do you have a solution to streamline a patient’s experience in a hospital?
To get started, go to gequest.com
Why not have a look at the newly made-over Careers Online –https://lboro.targetconnect.net/
All the same features, but with our smart new visual identity. We hope you like it as much as we do!