Investigating Careers in…
- Wednesday 6 November, 2.00pm – Graduate Management in NHS – A presentation and workshop to help you understand NHS graduate opportunities (Finance, Human Resources, General Management, Health Informatics) and successful applications
- Monday 4 November, 1.00pm – Impressing on Application Forms – how to demonstrate your skills and abilities effectively
- Wednesday 6 November, 1.00pm Preparing for Interview and Assessment Centres – This session looks at the types of interview you may encounter, the questions you may be asked, and the typical activities you’ll come across at an assessment centre. Delivered jointly by an employer and a careers adviser
- Tuesday 5 November – Developing your Employability – CANCELLED
- Wednesday 6 November – Effective Career Networking – CANCELLED
- Wednesday 6 November, 3.00pm – Powerful Presentations for Recruitment – How to deliver powerful presentations with influence and persuasion, for use at interviews and assessment centres.
- Wednesday 6 November, 6.00pm – Finding a Placement – Gain some useful tips on how to source placement opportunities and how to prepare yourself for applying for placements.
- Wednesday 6 November, 6.00pm – Perfecting your Covering Letters – what needs to be included in a covering letter and help you sell yourself effectively
- Thursday 7 November, 6.00pm – Non-EEA students: Making Yourself Attractive to Employers – Hear from Loughborough Alumni who, as non-EEA students, have successfully secured employment and developed their careers in the UK. Employers you will be able to meet are from Morgan Stanley, GE, JCB and Optare plc.
- Thursday 7 November – Negotiation – CANCELLED
- Friday 8 November, 1.00pm – Perfecting your CV – aimed at students who have already compiled a CV but would like to update it or help with making it even better and ready to use in the recruitment process. You will be required to bring a copy of your CV to the workshop as you will be using it in an exercise
Loughborough Employability Award Induction Sessions
The Award scheme helps you to record and reflect on your experience to support you as you apply for placements and graduate employment. Successful completion is formally recognised by the University.
- Monday 4 November, 10.00am
- Tuesday 5 November, 3.00pm
- Wednesday 6 November, 11.00am
- Thursday 7 November, 11.00am
- Friday 8 November, 10.00am
Employer Presenations and Skills Sessions
- Army – Meet a senior careers advisers to learn more about the opportunities available both in your full time after you graduate, and in your spare time right now – 4th November, 6:30pm
- Royal Mail –find out graduate programmes available – 4th November, 6:30pm
- CH2M – global leader in full-service consulting, design, design-build, operations and programme management for public and private clients. Will be promoting opportunities for graduates and interns – 5th November, 6:30pm
- EY – interactive Strengths Skills Session will help you realise your individual strengths and secure a ‘best fit’ career – 6th November, 2pm
- Barclays – talk to a range of graduates and experienced professionals across Corporate Banking, Investment Bank, Retail and Business Banking and Wealth and Investment Management – 7th November, 6:30pm