Are you making the most of social media to support your students?
[News release from JISC Announce 16.8.2012]
Celebrating 10,000 followers… and our resources to help engage students through social media
To celebrate our ten thousandth Twitter follower, we showcase some resources that can help you blog, tweet and interact your way to better student retention, marketing and teaching online.
1. Listen to a podcast on developing your social media strategy with Steph Gray of Helpful Technology
2. Read JISC CETIS’ ideas about using Twitter in the classroom
3. Learn how Cardiff (@cardiffio), Northumbria (@NUSSW) and Bristol (@UoBristol_Intl) universities use Twitter to support international students
4. Reflect on how your PhD students are using social media and other new technologies to collaborate and stay up to date using the biggest ever survey of PhD students
5. Read the London School of Economics’ guide to Tweeting for academics
6. Compare your university to other universities.
Find out which social media networks others are using on the UK Web Focus blog post <http://ukwebfocus.wordpress.com/2012/06/06/guest-post-further-evidence-of-use-of-social-networks-in-the-uk-higher-education-sector/>
7. Read a case study on engaging students through blogging
While you’re keeping up to date online, don’t forget to follow us @JISC on Twitter.