What’s new in Learn for 2019/20
Following this year’s rollover, there are some changes coming to Learn.
For students, they’ll see:
- Improved Timeline and My Modules view – The Timeline view, which acts as a checklist of all assignments in Learn, has been updated so it can now be filtered to show all, overdue or those assignments within a time period. The My Modules view has also been updated to give students more options in organising how they see their module list. For example, they can now favourite particular modules.
- My Details block – a block on the left-hand side of Learn will display key programme and tutor information to students.
For staff, they’ll see:
- Duplicating Resources – it’s now easier to keep track of copied resources in your module. When you create a copy or a resource within Learn, it will appear with ‘copy’ in the title to distinguish it from the original resource.
- Media Feedback in the Learn Assignment Activity – When providing feedback within the Learn Assignment activity, you now have the option to provide either audio (up to five minutes) or video feedback.
- Quiz Features – There is now an option within the quiz to attach files within specific question types and you can filter your questions by tags.
- H5P Interactive Activity – A new activity is now available on Learn and it’s one that provides a wealth of interactive options. The H5P activity contains over 42 interactive templates and you can see some of these in the video below.
Watch the video
Click on the link below to watch a short video and see all of these features in action (please note you’ll need to login using your Learn username and password): https://lboro.cloud.panopto.eu/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=23e5e441-70cb-48e9-887b-aa94008c55d0